Online betting just got easier and faster! dApps (decentralized applications) built on Ethereum blockchain enter partnerships with online wallet providers to allow the dApp users to directly access their wallets without the need of making separate login accounts (only MetaMask for all ETH-built dApps).
This way, you simply need to choose your username – no other registration nor KYC is involved.
“Open, Bet, Close” – It’s the new word of mouth and players from all over the world start using it.
Easy as a piece of cake, and we will show you how to do it in our step-by-step guide and screenshots with notes included about what is happening on the chain
The main pros of this experience, what we called wallet gaming, are:
- NO more actual deposit/withdrawal terms and conditions, your money stays/ come into your money
- Registration is practically eliminated as you register in one click through the wallet
- It is provably fair
- NO KYC is required when you play the game, in most cases the KYC is done and delivered by the wallet
How does it actually happen?
Once a player is logging into the dApp with his wallet, 2 options of funding will be available
- Some online casinos will allow players to use their balance directly from the wallet, however this is not the best option — as the whole available balance of the wallet can be used for betting right away.
- Other dApps, and this is considered to be the safest option, offer to players to select an amount one is ready to spend for betting. This amount is directly transferred to his casino account, deducted from his wallet. Once the client logs out from the casino, the remaining balance is immediately transferred back to his wallet.
Some of the decentralized casinos are already offering wallet gaming and, as tested by us, those built on Ethereum demonstrate great user-friendliness — mainly due to Metamask.
Our guide will show you how to play on Dicether. It offers several decentralized casino games and uses a smart contract-based channel implementation in order to provide “secure, fast, and fair gambling” as stated by the team.
Open Metamask. If you are opening the dApp for the first time, you should register for an account.
If you now have an account, just click the Login button and confirm the action via signature.
You can now choose your game from the homepage of the dApp. Then click the “Start Game Session” button. After which, choose the amount you want to play with.
After this, confirm the transaction to see your updated account balance. (The screen will indicate wallet balance before and after new game session being confirmed)
When the game session is created, the procedure with the smart contract is being finalized. Now choose a number between 0 and 100 to bet on, then roll the dice.
This is followed by another signature request that you have to confirm for the transaction you just made.
The game results appear, and it’s up to your luck (and to the provable fairness of the game) whether there is added Ethereum to your in-game balance or not. As we can see in this case, luck was on the player’s side.
When you end your game session, you basically withdraw your in-game funds back to your wallet. You can see on the window how the funds got updated in your account.
It’s so easy to play using your mobile device (we have tested it on Android) with the advantage of Metamask in order to run Ethereum-based dApps.
Now try it! Check out the dApps that run on platforms that give a truly decentralized gaming experience. Enjoy the game, and share your thoughts with us.
May the odds be on your side!